Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Training
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action (EOAA) courses are available for all faculty and staff. Some classes are designed specifically for Hiring Committee Members, recruiters or managers. Please refer to the Affirmative Action FAQs page for more details on search committee training requirements.
Topics covered in these courses may include equal employment laws and affirmative action regulations that govern UCR employment process (selection, termination, promotion, etc.), federal laws of Equal Employment and Affirmative action, California state laws of Fair Employment & Housing Act, Proposition 209k, and others.
Current EOAA Training
Current Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Training offerings include:
- Search Advisory and Hiring Committee Best Practices (designed for both academic and staff recruitment)
- Equal Employment, Affirmative Action & the Hiring Process (required for academic search committee members)
- Promoting Faculty Diversity Workshop (required for academic search committee members; managed by Academic Personnel Office)
- Applicant Pool Statistics and Creating Diverse Applicant Pools Module (designed for staff recruitment)
- Role of AACL on the Search Committee (designed for both academic and staff recruitment)
How to Enroll in EOAA Training
- Go to the UC Learning Center (LMS)
- Login using your UCR NetID and password
- Search for the desired course using the Search box and additional filters
The Office of Title IX/EOAA is available to:
- Create or adapt training programs to departmental/college training needs on topics such as Equal Employment, Affirmative Action, or Diversity & Inclusion
- Present at your staff meetings or other assemblies.
If you are interested in customized training, please contact the Office of Title IX/EOAA at email@example.com or (951) 827-7070.